Friday, April 6, 2018

Take a look at this!! NSS - Neuro Stim System

Take a look at this!! πŸ‘€

This is one of the strangest, and most fascinating, devices. It’s called a NSS (Neuro-Stim System). It attaches to the peripheral nerves by the three electrodes and is an alternative to narcotics for pain relief. It supposedly provides at least 25% pain relief.... and possibly more depending on the person. It’s a fairly new concept with the purpose of keeping patients from taking too many narcotics for pain relief after surgery. The idea is that it stops pain receptors from reaching your brain, therefore you feel less pain and take fewer pain pills. I hate taking narcotics so I was willing to give it a try.

When they first attached it I felt the pulsing. It stopped later in the day and started again and then stopped again last night. I haven’t felt the pulsing at all since last night and was concerned it had stopped working. I called the surgery center and they contacted the company rep who called me within minutes. Turns out it is still working. She told me that typically people stop feeling it after about three cycles because your brain just accepts it. Fascinating.

And I’m pretty sure it’s working on my pain level too. They made no guarantees on how much pain it would relieve, but I had a major back surgery yesterday and have only taken four pain pills since the surgery! I think it’s definitely cut down on my pain level. I will wear it for five days and the cycle will be done. AND I remove it myself. It’s only in place with tiny little probes so it should come off easily. Again... what a fascinating device. πŸ™‚

No automatic alt text available.

No comments: