Sunday, May 11, 2014

Lessons Learned from The Other Woman

The Other Woman (2014)
(PG-13)

Imagine that you have met what you think just might be the perfect man.  He’s handsome.  He’s a successful businessman.  He loves to wine and dine you.  And let’s not forget the physicality of the relationship, if you know what I mean. Oh…and he’s married…to someone else!  Oh snap!  Now what…..  This is where the story of the other woman comes in.

I don’t typically go see comedies but thought I would give this one a chance.  I admit that I was skeptical before seeing it.  Most of the comedies seem to be more on the stupid humor side than the funny humor side in my opinion.  And frequently the trailer for the movie includes EVERY funny scene so I’m disappointed when I see the movie and there’s nothing else funny in it.  This movie however, did NOT disappoint!  I can’t remember the last time I laughed this hard at a movie.  At least twice I was laughing so hard I was crying and I probably missed at least two minutes of the movie in the middle because I was laughing so hard I couldn’t open my eyes.

The movie stars Cameron Diaz as Carly Whitten who is a successful attorney with a very handsome boyfriend, Mark King (played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau).   While trying to surprise him she discovers that he is actually married.  Leslie Mann plays the devoted, stay-at-home wife, Kate King.  The two form an unlikely sisterhood (after several hilarious missteps) and soon learn that Mark is involved in yet another relationship with the blonde bombshell Amber (played by Kate Upton).  The three join forces to plot revenge on the three-timing Mark and the shenanigans that transpire are absolutely hilarious.

Don Johnson is also in the movie playing Frank, the dad to Cameron Diaz’ Carly, while Nicki Minaj plays her (somewhat annoying) secretary Lydia.  Taylor Kinney plays Phil, the brother to Leslie Mann’s Kate…a mighty fine looking brother I might add.  As for the dog Thunder, I could go on and on about him!  He is a beautiful black & white spotted Great Dane who is uncontrollable but you can't help but to find him lovable AND laughable!  

While the movie has received some negative reviews from “real” movie critics I have to give it a 2-thumbs up review myself!  I’m VERY hard to please when it comes to comedies and I found this one hilarious. 

And as an added bonus you can learn some great lessons on what to do if you are ever in this situation. I’m thinking these tips could also apply to some other situations also. 
·         Identify the problem and join forces.
·         Do your research.
·         Formulate a plan and stay organized.
·         Get the gadgets the pros use.
·         Survey your target.
·         Disguise yourself.
·         Always lend support where needed.

The Other Woman (2014) – my rating: A+

Check out the movie’s official page here: http://theotherwomanmovie.com/

Check out the trailer here: http://youtu.be/BlHMHLuJWbo


No comments: