Monday, May 18, 2015

Cheesy Creamy Ranch Potatoes

Potatoes just might be my favorite food.  There are lots of ways to prepare them and thousands of recipes out there.  My favorite way to eat a potato is definitely one of the unhealthiest ways - FRIED!  :)  I have always loved fried potatoes...especially when they are fresh cut (not frozen).  I've loved them since I was a little girl.  Loved them so much that when I was in elementary school one of my Granny's would get up and make them for me for breakfast before she would go to work - and she cut them country style (round).

Baked potatoes are awesome too - that was something I always loved to get at my other Granny's when she first learned how to "bake" them in the microwave.  :)  Nothing like a "baked" potato loaded with butter and salt...doesn't matter if it's baked in the microwave, oven or grill.

Last night I made a new recipe with potatoes.  They were baked...with lots of cheesy creamy goodness...so I'm sure lots of calories.  And should I even mention that they have BACON in them?? I used Yukon Gold Potatoes in this recipe but any type would work.  Here's the recipe so you can try it too.



Cheesy Creamy Ranch Potatoes

Ingredients:

  • 6 large potatoes, cut into cubes
  • 1 cup ranch salad dressing
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder

Directions:

  • Place potatoes in a large pan and cover with water.  Bring to a boil over high heat.  Boil until tender, about 6 minutes.  Drain well.
  • Preheat oven to 350°F
  • Combine salad dressing, sour cream, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, bacon, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bow.  
  • Add potatoes to mixture and stir until potatoes are coated well.
  • Spoon potatoes into an 8x10 baking dish.
  • Top with remaining cheese.
  • Bake potatoes until bubbly, about 20 minutes. 

No comments: