Thursday, May 21, 2015

29 and Holding... (The Age of Adaline)

It goes without saying that I love movies.  Ron and I recently saw The Age of Adaline while in Mobile, AL.  And should I even mention that it was two romance movies in a row (what is happening to me???)!  Of course this isn't the typical romance and was a very intriguing storyline.

The Age of Adaline
Rated PG-13 / 110 mins / Drama, Romance
Stars: Blake Lively, Michiel Huisman, Harrison Ford, Kathy Baker, Ellen Burstyn...
Director: Lee Toland Krieger
Release date: April 24, 2015

Here's the synopsis according to The Age of Adaline official page:
After miraculously remaining 29 years old for almost eight decades, Adaline Bowman (Blake Lively) has lived a solitary existence, never allowing herself to get close to anyone who might reveal her secret.  But a chance encounter with charismatic philanthropist Ellis Jones (Michiel Huisman) reignites her passion for life and romance.  When a weekend with his parents (Harrison Ford and Kathy Baker) threatens to uncover the truth, Adaline makes a decision that will change her life forever.

You know I don't like to give away any spoilers so I'm not going to go into any more detail about the movie.  But I will tell you what you will be thinking about during AND after seeing this movie (if you're like me that is).  This movie really makes you think about what it would be like to remain at a certain age forever.  I'm not sure why the age of 29 was chosen for Adaline but I have a few thoughts of my own why it's a magical age....an age most people don't want to leave behind.  I can remember clearly when I was 29 - especially the days leading up to my 30th birthday.  It's the only birthday I actually dreaded.  Leaving my 20's seemed like a HUGE step to me.  While being in my 20's wasn't exactly like being a kid...it didn't completely seem like being an adult either (despite my adult responsibilities).  There I was about to enter my 30's head-on!  Lucky for me I have a great husband and great friends that helped make the transition with an amazing surprise party that included my favorite male stripper.  Yes, I said my favorite male stripper - I'll get into that more in another blog. And I guess I really should call him a male exotic dancer right?

What are your thoughts on the transition from your 20s to 30s?  If you could pick an age to stay at forever what would it be?  I've given this a lot of thought...probably more thought than is normal considering my fascination with all things supernatural...and I still haven't come up with the magic age for me.

Go check this movie out (if you haven't already) and let me know your thoughts.  I thought it was a really good movie that was well acted and thought provoking.


No comments: