Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Music

Music has always been a big part of my life.  I couldn't decide on just one artist or even one type of music for my photo today...so I chose my two favorites - Bon Jovi and Garth Brooks.

^^^This is not all of their music that I have. I'm pretty sure I have almost everything that they've released (almost)...but it's a pretty good sample. And I'm pretty sure I know the words to all of it (at least when it's playing).

I still remember clearly my first encounter with Bon Jovi.  It was while I was in High School.  I had actually went to a RATT concert with my BFF Pam and some others.  Bon Jovi was the opening act. When Jon Bon Jovi jumped onto that stage I looked at Pam and said "WHO IS THAT???"...and I've never been the same since...LOL.  From that day forward I have been a Jovi girl!  I have even stuck by them with their changes (yes, even the country phase) and expect to always be devoted to them.  Heck...I even have ink that is inspired by them!  

I feel just as strongly about Garth.  The first time I saw him in concert was in Dothan, AL at the Peanut Festival.  He was on the cusp of mega stardom and still doing the fair / festival circuit.  People were crazy!  My ex said that night that he didn't think Garth would amount to anything.  One thing in a long line of things he was wrong about ... LOL!  I love all his music...even when he did the Chris Gaines album....and was super excited to see him live again this past year when he started touring again.

My Mama also loved Garth and once told me that when she died she wanted The Dance played at her funeral.  Sadly, I was able to make that happen when she passed away in 1994.  The song was perfect... 

Bon Jovi and Garth's music has always played such a powerful role in my life.  It always seemed to fit whatever I was going through...good and bad...happy and sad.  Anytime I need a "pick me up" I listen to one of them....and plan to spend many more hours in the future listening to them.  I hope that each person reading this has music in their life that has affected them the same way Bon Jovi and Garth has affected me.

No comments: