Saturday, January 28, 2017

TLIF Surgery - Post-op Day 1

**Posting this blog entry after the fact based on notes I made on my phone the day of surgery and posts I made on social media sites.**

    Good morning! Here's my Saturday morning update... I actually got some sleep last night. Not a whole lot, but more than I have been lately. I'm sure the anesthesia and pain meds helped with that. I got up again to use the potty - this time with less assistance than before so that's good. And even better I was able to pee!!! Yeah, I know, TMI. 😂 I am excited though because if I wasn't able too they were going to have to put the catheter back in. 😲 Bowel sounds are good this morning too so it seems like everything is finally waking up. Woot! At some point this morning I'll be walking more. In the meantime I will continue to rest and puff on this crazy thing to clear my lungs. I continue to be positive about this and am very thankful for all of you and your positive thoughts. (posted at 6:58am Saturday morning) 

    I had a few visitors again today.  My friend, Diana, came by and spent some time.  She's had several health issues, including breaking her back.  Then my baby girl and her hubby came by.  It was so good to see them.  
    I got up and walked again around 4pm.  Walking made the pain come back a little more but still tolerable with the pain meds.  Saw the doc when I was walking and he told me he didn't expect to see me walking as much as I was.  He came to the room to see me shortly after.  Told me that for a younger person my back was really bad, but he fixed it so all should be good.  He said I could go home tonight, or could wait until morning if I wanted to. Ummm.....I don't think so.  While I'm pleased that the doc is happy with my process I think one more night in the hospital won't hurt me.  So many things can go wrong while I'm still trying to figure things out.
    8pm did some more walking - this time with no walker - woot woot!!  I did have a nurse with me but was able to walk with just a little assistance.  To bed I go now!

No comments: