Tuesday, January 31, 2017

TLIF Surgery - Post-op Day 4

**Posting this blog entry after the fact based on notes I made on my phone the day of surgery and posts I made on social media sites.**

    Early Tuesday morning update... I slept much better in the new recliner. Woot woot! Ron is returning to work today and I have lots of friends and family on standby if I need them. We got everything situated where I could reach it I think, and the hubby hooked me up with lots of ready made salads and protein packs, so I should be good. The pain isn't horrible right now. I haven't taken a pain pill since 10pm last night but that's about to change. Once I woke up and started moving around I can feel the pain creeping back in. I plan to spend the day watching TV and movies, flipping through magazines, doing my little walks, and getting plenty of rest. Diezel will join me at some point I'm sure. 🐶😀😴 Happy Tuesday!


    Diezel decided if I was going to sleep in "his" chair, he would join me.  He's such a mess!!



    Nausea from the pain meds started causing some issues today.  I can deal with pain so much better than nausea!  And throwing up is the absolute worst.  I can tell you first hand that throwing up with an incision in your back is not a pleasant experience!


    FedEX delivered the flowers today.  Of course they had to sit in the box on the porch until my hubby got home since I can't bend or lift.  So sweet.  And the card cracked me up.
    Talked to the nurse at my Doc's office today. Post-op is scheduled for the 9th.  I'll get the staples out then. I told her about the pain I was having in my right hip and leg, some of which feels like a muscle spasm.  I already have a prescription for Robaxin, a muscle relaxer, so she told me take it as needed and hopefully it would take care of the hip pain.  Also talked with her about showering and my bandage.  She told me to wait at least one more day before showering and to try to take at least a couple of showers before my post-op visit because the showering would soften the scabs making it easier for the staples to be removed (which makes me squirm just thinking about it).  For the bandage she said it was ok to let the incision air dry but it might be more comfortable to keep it covered most of the time (and especially at night), and that if I left the house for any reason to 100% have the incision covered.

No comments: