Wednesday, February 1, 2017

TLIF Surgery - Post-op Day 5

**Posting this blog entry after the fact based on notes I made on my phone the day of surgery and posts I made on social media sites.**
    Early morning update ~ Post-op Day 5
    Didn't sleep to bad last night. Fitbit says I got a little over 5 hours and I'm about to attempt to snooze some more. Only got up to see Ron off and do a little stroll. Yesterday wasn't too bad. The worst part of the day was yesterday morning because the Percocet ended up making me sick. I can deal with pain much more than nausea and throwing up!! Thankfully I had some Phenergan too so by the afternoon it had passed. Obviously I can't take the Percocet without the anti-nausea meds too. 😱
    I managed to get in just over 3000 steps yesterday. They were slow ones but steps nonetheless. I'm on the move now. 😂 Every day has been a little better than the day before and I'm hoping that trend continues. I've had to rethink how I do things - and not do some things at all. The no bending, lifting, or twisting rule is difficult but I'm sticking to it! I definitely want this fusion to work and to hopefully be pain-free.
    Thanks to everyone that has checked in on me and Ron. We have some great friends and family.  (originally posted on FB at 5:16am on Feb 1)

    Changed my medications up some....I'll stick to Lortab during the day and only take the Percocet at night (with Phenergan).  Hopefully that will take care of the pain and the nausea.  
    Diezel continues to love the new recliner!!  ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š

    Still working the hubby pretty hard.  He's having to do pretty much everything, but he committed to this journey also.  We both know that it will be worth it.  I did a lot of walking today too....well, not a lot compared to what I was doing before the surgery, but a lot for recovery.  The Doc told me to walk as much as I could.  Walking promotes healing and it feels better when I'm walking too.  
    Today was a good day.  Not too much pain and NO nausea.  Woot Woot!!!  I think I have figures out the right way to do the pain meds.  Jane came out to visit.  Bless her heart she always wants to do something.  She brought me lunch and spent some time just visiting.  Diezel showed out some while she was here.  He's been so good for me, I guess he just needed to get it out of his system.  ðŸ˜‚

No comments: