Monday, February 6, 2017

TLIF Surgery - Post-op Day 10

    TLIF Surgery Post-op Day 10
    Woke up this morning when Ron got up and my back felt pretty stiff. I walked a bit and then got back in the recliner with my ice pack and my pup. We slept some more before deciding to take on the day. Well, I should say before I decided. Clearly Diezel was not ready to get up when I did. 🐶 My Fitbit says I slept for 8 hours last night. Unfortunately 6 hours is more accurate because I was restless and watched 2 episodes of Rosewood when I couldn't sleep. But 6 hours isn't bad. Hoping for a great day today with lots of walking.

    I spent a good portion of the day walking...making laps in the house.  A friend mentioned that by the time I recovered from this I would probably leave a worn out path in my house...LOL.  Diezel loves it when I'm up and walking around:

    That face!!!  How can you not love it?  He's the best medicine for me.
    We're getting ready for a car show...which means lots of packages are being delivered daily.  The bad thing about this is I'm not able to bring the packages in.  Diezel loves when FedEx and UPS comes...especially UPS because our regular driver brings him a treat.  He left him a treat today on top of the packages.  I wasn't able to get the packages into the house but I was able to get his treat with the my handy grabber tool.  And then later when FedEx came I managed to make it to the door before he did so I asked him to set the stuff in the house.  He did...and brought my UPS packages in.  Woot!

    Today hasn't been a bad day.  I didn't take any pain pills until noon and then took half of a Lortab 10.  Nothing else until around 7pm and I decided to just take regular Tylenol since it was so close to bedtime - and I will be taking something stronger then. I'm trying to not take too much of the narcotics, but there are times when it is needed for sure.  

No comments: