Thursday, February 2, 2017

TLIF Surgery - Post-op Day 6

**Posting this blog entry after the fact based on notes I made on my phone the day of surgery and posts I made on social media sites.**

    post-op day 6... Moving forward in my recovery. No more nausea or throwing up yesterday or last night. Woot woot! Pain is not too bad today - uncomfortable for sure, but tolerable. Fitbit says I slept for 6 and 1/2 hours last night between my two sleep spells (I got up when Ron left at 4am for a bit). Will probably nap some more today between my strolls. Worse complaint right now is that the pain meds are messing with my normal bodily functions and my vision. But, today is better than yesterday...plan to continue that trend. *** Notice the boy doesn't have his blanket or pillow. He took them out of his bed yesterday when Jane came to visit...along with the couch pillows. He's been so good for me I guess he figured if someone else was here he would show out. 🐶 (posted originally on FB at 9:29am)

    Luckily the vision issues are very temporary. I think they are probably caused by the Percocet since I only notice it first thing in the morning.  It also seems to give me a bit of a headache.  However, it's very effective on the pain so taking it at night will continue for now.
    I know I'm supposed to be blogging about my TLIF surgery, but this boy is part of my recovery.  He has my heart for sure!




    Today was a pretty good day.  Still very uncomfortable but the pain is tolerable.  So glad the recovery is going better than I expected.

No comments: