Sunday, January 29, 2017

TLIF Surgery - Post-op Day 2

**Posting this blog entry after the fact based on notes I made on my phone the day of surgery and posts I made on social media sites.**

Sunday morning selfie.  Should be going home today.  Slept ok...lots of hip pain though...probably from thie bed.  And I'm so hot.  But still doing good.
My roommate, a 90 year old woman who fell and broke ribs and had surgery, stays cold all the time so the room is hot.  I finally told the nurse they needed to throw some more blankets on her because I was burning up.  
Discharged from the hospital around 10am.  Given a prescription for Percocet.  Not sure why they don't give you prescriptions BEFORE the surgery.  We went to 3 different pharmacies to get the prescription filled and still didn't get it. Two of them didn't have it and one didn't take our insurance.  Finally just gave up and came home to take pain meds I already have.  
So good to be home!
Sure did miss this boy while I was in the hospital!!


No comments: